Thursday, November 4, 2010

Daddy

I want you to say, “I’m proud.”
When I do my best.
I want you to say, “You tried.”
When I don’t.

I want you to say, “Try again.”
Whenever I fail.
I want you to say “You’re okay.”
Whenever I fall.

I want you to say, “I’ll be there.”
Whenever I need you.
I want you to say, “I promise.”
When I know you’ll keep it.

I want you to say, “Get well soon.”
Whenever I fall ill.
I want you to say, “I’m glad you are better.”
When I heal.

I want you to say, “Go for it.”
When I tell you my dreams.
I want you to say, “I’ll hold you.”
Whenever I cry.

But most of all, I want you to say, “I love you.”
Because I do not know if you do.
I want to say, “I love you too.”
But I don’t know if I love you back.

3-23-09
By: Emily E. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, and tell me what you think! If you are anonymous, don't be afraid to identify yourself! My E-mail is posted on my profile, so, don't be afraid of me!