Monday, March 1, 2010

Finally, I have found a great band!


Yep! I have found a band to listen to since the Cinema Bizarre break-up. And they are called The Higher. I was listening to Escape the Fate's "10 Miles Wide" on the YouTube channel for Epitaph records, when I saw a link for the song "It's Only Natural". Now, normally, I don't click random things, but this time, I took a chance that I do not regret. I started listening to the song, with some skepticism, at first, but as the tune played on, I began to like it! Now, usually, I have this rule. I listen to three songs by a band, and if they are all good, then the rest of their stuff might be too. But it didn't play out that way this time. I went to aimini.net and did a search for The Higher, and came up with three pages of results. As I searched them on Wikipedia, I saw that the songs on aimini were simply the third and fourth album. I downloaded the fourth one, entitled "It's Only Natural" and fell in love with the songs "Other Options", "Black Dress", and "Beautiful Coffin". Now, if this band is worth a blog entry from me, than I know that they are good! So, go listen to them! Seriously, they rock!

The story behind this band is that they are from Vegas, and that they are a pop punk band. I don't know much about them just yet, but I can see myself manifesting this obsession rather quickly. I don't know how to describe them, really. I guess it's the freshness and simplicity of the lyrics and the imagery that really draws me to them. When Seth Trotter sings, my day just seems better. And I've only known of them for...about...ten hours! Never has a band become my favorite in such a short time. It takes a lot to catch my ear, and The Higher really proved that to me with "It's Only Natural". Congrats, guys, you have passed my test! Kudos to you and best of luck in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, and tell me what you think! If you are anonymous, don't be afraid to identify yourself! My E-mail is posted on my profile, so, don't be afraid of me!