Monday, October 25, 2010

Stand Tall and Live Free

I stand tall and proud. I stand alone. I am fighting my way through this life. I break my back everyday over bullshit that won't even matter in twenty years. But in this moment in time, it is the most important thing in the world. Whether it's making weekend plans to see friends, or the asshole who fucked with me in class today. It matters for the moment. People don't seem to understand that, adults don't seem to understand that. Teenagers today aren't living for the sake of twenty years from now. No! They are living for twenty minutes from now. For the moment. For the sake of staying young. We don't want to grow up and become like them. We are tired of hearing about jobs and careers at the age of sixteen. We want to live for the moment and be apart of this wicked web we weave called life. We make it. We wove it. It was given to us, against our will and we want to be the ones who make it into something. It is our choice to do what ever it is that we do. No one can change us. No one can force us to make a change, we are who we set out to be. And we will become what we want. No one can take that right from us. Though I have seen it attempted. I witness kids my age forced into the job force at the age of twelve. They are not allowed to experience their own mistakes. So, for those who are free. Free to live the way you want, live a little more each day for the ones who can't. For those who cannot take what is theirs to begin with. For those with no life left in their young age, live for them. Be free, and keep what is yours, yours. Live for the moment, and the moment is yours! Stand up and fight for what you want, and never back down. Never give in. And always stand tall. Your day will come, but today is yours, and you must fight to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, and tell me what you think! If you are anonymous, don't be afraid to identify yourself! My E-mail is posted on my profile, so, don't be afraid of me!