Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No one's gonna catch me...

I have tripped. And I have stumbled. And every time I did, someone was there to help me up. They dusted me off, and sent me along. But that was back when my life made sense, and Daddy still loved Mommy, and Ruth was too young to open her mouth, and Mina was still my older sister.

Every thing is different. It's all changed. I can't see the world in front of me anymore. I don't know where I am going! I can't see anything past the forest. There is no sun, there are no clouds, there is no light. I can't see my life. I trip and I stumble and I fall and I fall and I fall...I call out for help. I call for a hand. I weep alone in the darkness, not seeing who is there or where I am. I try to stand, and when I do, I fall again. Harder. I know that if I stand, I'll fall, and if I stay, I fail. But when I know that no one's going to catch me when I fall, why should I even bother standing?

1 comment:

  1. Why should you stand? To see the pretty birdies fly freely, and the little woodland creatures roam in the trees.

    My advice would be, crawl to the nearest store, get yourself some steel toed boots, and beat the crap out of any twig, stone, or tree that dares to stand in your way in till you know where you want to go.

    Sorry if it seems I'm.... mocking (?) this. I'm not. It's just what I would do. (in my own way I'm trying to be helpful...)

    But, you should be warned that I make oddles and noodles of mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, and tell me what you think! If you are anonymous, don't be afraid to identify yourself! My E-mail is posted on my profile, so, don't be afraid of me!