Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We need CHANGE.

I meet people from all over the world. I love to talk to people from other countries, and I like getting to know people. The internet is my home. I am constantly prowling the Tokio Hotel forum. There is one person on there that I talk to all the time. Her name is Lui, and she is from Denmark, but currently staying in Germany. I can talk to her about a lot of things, and I can trust her with a lot. Even though we are oceans apart, we can still be friends. 

I find it hard to believe that people find it easy to hate people. Just because they are from another country, or their skin isn't the same color as theirs, or even if they speak a different language. Sometimes, I like to pretend that I don't speak English, only German, just to see what people do. And the responses are never pretty. I only know a few people who can actually tolerate other people. And that is sad. This country, my country, "America", was supposed to be built on the idea of freedom. But I don't see it. I have seen more freedom on T.V. than in real life. I can't even watch the local news without crying. We need change. Something has to be done. 

If you were to ask me if I loved my country, I would say "No". When I say this, people go off the deep end about it. When I ask them if they love their country, they say "Yes". But when I ask them "Why do you love your country?" they don't know what to say. I don't love my country because, I can't live in a country that stopped caring long ago. I find that the war is pointless now. I can't live in a country whose supposedly "strong leader" doesn't know what the real issues are. Who cares about the health reform? What about a sturdier justice system, a better government, human rights, immigration rights? Where is the freedom that was promised to me? Why can't I have a drink, yet I can die for my country at such a young age? Why can't I walk to the store without getting stabbed?

People ask me "Why don't you stand for the Pledge?" 
And I say "I stand up for what I believe in, and sit down for what I don't, therefore, I sit down for my country."

 Thanks for reading this rant. I hope Lui is reading it! I love you, bestie! 

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what your saying. I guess my opinion and the U.S. is .... alright? It's much better then other places, yet we are a country made of contradictions. Guess that's what you get when you live in a land ruled by money.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, and tell me what you think! If you are anonymous, don't be afraid to identify yourself! My E-mail is posted on my profile, so, don't be afraid of me!